We've made a point of proving The Stock Market Game correlates to the newly established national Common Core State Standards (CCSS) in English Language Arts and Math but did you know that The Stock Market Game also helps students practice the skills noted in the Next Generation Science Standards and the 21st Century Skills Framework?
Students participating in The Stock Market Game employ skills comparable to some of the recently published Next Generation Science Standards’ (NGSS) “Understandings about the Nature of Science” (Appendix H):
- Scientific Investigations Use a Variety of Methods (Investor Research uses a variety of methods)
- Scientific Knowledge is Open to Revision in Light of New Evidence (Students rebalance their portfolios based on economic, business, and market news).
- Scientific Knowledge Assumes an Order and Consistency in Natural Systems (Investments are impacted by various cycles and trends).
The Stock Market Game also addresses the Financial, Economic, Business and Entrepreneurial Literacy skills described in the Partnership for 21st Century Skills’ Frameworks:
- Knowing how to make appropriate personal economic choices
- Understanding the role of the economy in society
- Using entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options